Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Challenge of thinking positive in today's economic climate


I was working recently with some clients who were going through the "30 Day Challenge Program - How to get the business of your dreams" when I was struck once again on how powerful it is when a client has a real desire to succeed and a willingness to do something different.

I have spoken with countless companies over the past 12 months who are running around like headless chickens with no real clear thinking on a way forward. - I recently met the UK MD of a market leading business who told me that they had NO plans to acquire net new business this year !! I was astounded and this clearly signalled the begining of the end for this organisation. How could such a plan be sanctioned by his superiors.

Whilst I understand the need to take care of existing clients and ensure that you maintain them as clients, what I am unsure of is on what basis would a company not want to grow its existing client base?

This MD was also very arrogant to the fact that he completely dismissed the fact that any of his competitors known or otherwise would be stealing a march on his business.

No comments:

Post a Comment